Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zilla 358
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Misfire on #4 and #5 all of a sudden, and runs rough and trans. downshifts to 2nd for passing,and doesn't speed up, also says reduced engine power? Plugs? I don't know if plugs have been changed before me. I've put 23,000 miles on since I bought it. Any ideas?

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
a misfire should likely be related to plugs and coil(s) depending on the LR you're not passing people in.

·
Zilla 358
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't do the numbers, just read misfire on 4&5. Now it idles rough, getting new plugs on Thursday, should take care of it. Judging by the fact that when I bought it, it appeared to never had any fluids changed. So probably not plugs either. It's an 06 LR3 , 4.4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Misfire on #4 and #5 all of a sudden, and runs rough and trans. downshifts to 2nd for passing,and doesn't speed up, also says reduced engine power? Plugs? I don't know if plugs have been changed before me. I've put 23,000 miles on since I bought it. Any ideas?
If The transmission is going into limp mode you have a bad ECU. Also will probably cure the misfires. I had an 04 L322 that was doing the same thing.

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
I’ve had limp mode on numerous occasions, never the fault of a bad ECU.

that’s a pretty drastic judgment with no codes or corroboration

·
Registered
03 land rover discovery 2
2 Posts
hi, I have an 03 discovery, replace ground wire from battery to alternator bracket, your replacement wire will have a little wire that goes to the fender well also. this is a must do. your trans needs all the volts it can get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts