Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a 96 Disco (we just purchased) and the stereo says CODE.
We found that 2 of the buttons were sticking and we couldn't program in the code. We have cleaned them but still unsuccessful at getting the code in. We tried putting key in 1st position for 1 hour and that didn't do the trick either..... Any suggestions??
If we can't get this one going, are there any problems with getting a non- Land Rover stereo put in? One installer we talked to said if we pull the stereo we could also cause some other electrical problems with the vehicle (things other than the stereo are wired through the stereo we were told).

HELP!!! We need to hear something other than the tires on the road.. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my '98. I let it sit in the garage form about 1 1/4 hr then tried the code. It worked.. I had tried SEVERAL other times with no success. As I remember if you get a "beep", start over. If you hit a wrong number, continue on with the code number, then do again. I think someone told me you get three chances before having to turn off ,then start with another 1 hr wait. Hope this helps!! By the way, the system sounds great. Now if I can just find a 6-disc magizine for a LSE...

PFZ

·
Registered
50 Posts
Desert Dweller. You need to put the key in position two for an hour, not position one. This resets the radio to accept the code. If the radio has ever been replaced in the past, the radio code in the owner's manual will not work. You will then need to pull the radio and take the seriel number to a dealer (or respond to me with the number) and they can go online and get the proper code for the radio. Let me know what the number is and I can give you the code.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, sometimes I crack myself up. If I can keep it up, my kids won't put me in a home. I keep telling them laughter may not be the best medicine afterall, but you can't beat the co-pay.
You should have seen my sisters and me at the dinner table.

But seriously though, I really can't program my VCR clock. It has been blinking for 11 years. My wife told me the other day that she noticed the battery on my wristwatch has been dead for almost three weeks. I guess if I cared what time it was, I'd have figured out the VCR before this.

Ooh, I just heard a good one today, I'll post in on Joke of the day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Brutus said:
Desert Dweller. You need to put the key in position two for an hour, not position one. This resets the radio to accept the code. If the radio has ever been replaced in the past, the radio code in the owner's manual will not work. You will then need to pull the radio and take the seriel number to a dealer (or respond to me with the number) and they can go online and get the proper code for the radio. Let me know what the number is and I can give you the code.
Do you need the serial number of the vehicle or of the radio. I just got my vehicle and there was no owners manual, so is there a way i can reset the code so i know what it is?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 96 disco.If the radio has a couple of small holes in each side of the front cover push a couple of 2'' nails in the holes, keep them straight. That will release the locking tabs, then you can pull the radio straight out of its cradle. The plug in the back only feeds the radio(unless you have an inbuilt cd changer under the seat). I have replaced the radio casette with a cd/mp3 player, much better idea 10 hrs of music on one disc. I changed the radio myself and did not find it any trouble to sort out the wires the only extra wire on plug was meant to drive the auto aerial which my car didn't have. Just removing the radio from the dash will give you a bit of credability if you take it to the radio shop. They will think you have some idea and maybe give you a sensible qoute on the instalation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to get the number off of the radio, Plastic. And Aussie Disco97, the nail thing will work on a Range Rover. The Discovery has a 5 point allen style screw in those holes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 97 disco and replaced the radio casette with a radio cd/mp3 player.I did not find any problems sorting out the wiring with the aid of a workshop manual(haynes publishing U.K). The hardest thing was workig out how to get the radio out. What i found was the small holes in each side of the front facia were the release holes, if I slid a 2'' nail in each hole it released a locking tab then when they were all pushed in I could pull the radio straight forward out of its cradle. This is an Australian Disco but I assume it is similar to the American ones. Anyway I hope the information is of assistance. My radio did not supply any other equipment the only wire that was not required was for the auto aerial which the discovery didnt have anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Aussie ones must be different. I didn't realize. What kind of radio did you install. A buddy of mine has a JVC in dash mp3 with the display screen. I just went with the factory radio. When I bought it though it had a Sony cd player but it didn't sound right. So I did a side job for a factory radio and cd changer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brutus said:
You offered a few weeks ago to look up the code for my stereo. The serial # is POC0004887.
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello I Need Help

I have a 2000 Dicovery Series II. My radio is showing a message that reads EP-E02 this happen after my inside of my Land Rover got wet. The radio as well got wet also. Now the radio can be turned on but it doesn't play but it will come on. I wanted to know if I need to enter a code or if I have to replace the radio. I haven't tried to remove it yet,and I don't have the codes yet either. But should a code message come up to indicate I need to enter the codes. Any help would be appricated. By the way I have an American model Land Rover. Which also have the under the seat CD player.

Delano

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.