Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I have located several 95-98 Discos. They are all over 100 miles away. So before I start driving around looking my wife (the brains of the outfit) asked me if the three car seats would fit across the back seat. Does anyone know? Also how would I find the width dim. of the back seat. :dunno

·
Registered
317 Posts
ekim,
You might be able to find the rear hip room number from a resource like Edmunds.com. I tried to access it, but it wouldn't come up for me...Take that number and divide by three to see what might fit there...A friend of mine was in a similar predicament a few years back and found that the DiscoII and the MDX were the only vehicles that could take three across, but the MDX won out because of Honda/Acura's reliability. That being said I'm not sure how the DiscoI would fare...you might want to consider getting an SE7 so you can toss one of the kiddos way in the back...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nix the 3rd seat infants, they are side-facing in the discovery I and you can't use a child seat.

The middle/rear seat will fit three child seats, ... if they are the right kind, but it's tight. The rear wheelwells intrude into the seatcushion width and make it a squeeze. It wouldn't be my first choice for a 3-across seating.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Three seats?

Yeah, three car seats might fit snugly, but I can't imagine trying to stick a child in the middle seat. It would take quite a bit of effort to get a munchkin squeezed in there.

I have a series II SE7 with the forward facing seats, and that makes hauling three children pretty easy. The oldest likes sitting all the way in the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts