Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2006 Range Rover Sport SC and it won’t start. Unrelated to current issue but I had the battery and alternator replaced last year. The battery seems fine. When I turn the key all the lights come on but it only clicks no turning giving it a jump doesn’t do anything. Thinking it’s the starter? Is there any steps I can do to troubleshoot or find the issue to begin trying to fix it. Ho do I check if it’s the starter or solenoid ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can get you a wrench and climb dont there and make sure you put on your safety squints and jump the battery wire off to the b+terminal on the starter.

·
Drives like an old man
398 Posts
First, make damn sure the battery terminals are clean and on tight. Most of the time, this is where the problem lies. Simple fix.

·
Zilla 358
34 Posts
Just had same issue with my 06 LR3, one loud click and then nothing. Tested voltage after the attempted start, it had dropped to 9.4 volts. The battery had been fully charged. The battery had shorted out after 3 yrs. Definately check cables first. I put a new battery in and off we go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts