Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to how many people remove their RR’s carpets and use just the rubber matts underneath? The carpets in our new ’88 are a little past their prime, but I’m not sure how difficult it would be to re-install them if I did not like the rubber.
Thank you,
Pat
Kilauea, Kaua’i

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I have recently removed my front carpet and hosed it off. I wrote about it on my site if your interested. I went carpet-less for a few weeks to allow the pads and such to dry out. Seems I have a leaky windshield seam.

Anyway the difficulty is taking the center console out to remove the carpets.
The carpet is designed to be "hosed" off so if you replace it I would highly recommend replacing it with a similar carpet.

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Carpets

The first thing I do with a new rover is to take out the rear seat and the rear trunk area carpets. I put some carpet cleaner on them and then let the pressure washer do its work!.. I would do the front, but you have to take off the center console, and i am not sure i want to deal with this, but probably will when i get a chance. You can just as easily buy a whole new carpet set for about $150.00 I think. Not a bad idea.. youll get that new car smell for a while!..

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
It's not too bad to remove the console.
I think you'll be surprised how good you can clean them.
My buddy and I figured out what that "new car smell" is.
Glue.
We were using some spray glue for carpets in a Jag and when we were done it had the "new car smell" again.
Weird.

http://www.okierover.com/floorrust.htm

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Thanks for the Post..

Yeah i didn't think it would be too bad of a deal, but just have not had the time to do it.. My wife was all over me yesterday for working on the radio for an hour.. Hey i have tunes now!... I was planning on just buying a new front carpet set from the UK, but ill probably end up just cleaning the Ripped dirty one that is only 11 years old... Hey it comes with a free beach worth of sand!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts