Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stepped on my cd changer magazine and crushed it (as well as my new copy of Europe '72). Checked out a few sources and nobody seems to carry these. Any body have an extra magazine for model # LRN505000 the will let go for a few $$$? :bawling:

· Registered
590 Posts
Is it the Alpine bro?

If so, you are in luck, I replaced my system just last year and still have the alpine changer.

Where do I find the serial number?
my sleave just says 024D
Its light purple with grey trays.

· Registered
590 Posts
Well, mine is out in a box because it's been replaced. So I am looking at every inch of this bugger and dont see that number your referencing.

Front face of mine says CHM-S620 bottom right corner under the word Alpine

The back top has a number you can see if you look from the back seat floor area it reads S/NO.T 006 56700A

The back side of the unit says Model number and the CHM-S620 number once again.

Dunno dude.
We have the same model Disco and color even. Wouldnt it be the same Alpine CD changer?
You have a skinny wafer thin remote control on your center console right?

· Registered
590 Posts
Can you post some close up pics,

I would do it, but posting pics is a pain in teh arse on this forum.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the magazine is ruined and I threw it in the dumpster without thinking. The unit (changer) itself would be difficult to photograph because it is under the seat. Crutchfeild has one they think is compatible for $19.00.

· Registered
590 Posts
Good luck then.

I replaced teh whole system and my old speakers and cd changer and radio are just sitting in a box on the shelf.

I reccomend sirius satelite bud, they have a bug hair station that plays Europe all the time.

· Registered
590 Posts
I was just going to give it to Halliday.

Are you in need bud?

UNless your in SO Cal, I was thinking it might be cheaper to buy a new one from crutchfield like Halliday decided.
Let me know. I would assume the SH&H would cost as much as a new one.

Aside, I was hoping to give the whole cd changer unit away to some broke kid with his first Disco.
Anyhow, let me know. Its all just sitting in a box in my garage. I put a new system in my Disco last year.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PCROVER, I spoke with a guy named Chip at Crutchfeild and he said part # KAE116C SHOULD be the right magazine for unit # LRN50500. I will let you know how it works out. I can not imagine there all of these different model number changers with completly different magazines. The differences have to be with main unit (radio) control applications and not with interior mech and associated stuff. Most stores like Circuit City and Best Buy are no help at all so I will take the plunge. What model # changer do you have? If it works I will post Chip's direct number for the forum. :drink1:

· Registered
709 Posts
You could usually track one down on Ebay... It is always good to have an extra..

Hailsharky - Man, that's nice of you to help out a broe kid with his first Disco. Ya know you could probably sell it on Ebay if you get some half naked gal in a G-string to model it for you :rolleyes:

So you got Sirus? you like???

· Registered
590 Posts
IB,

I love my sirius because it has funny dj's, a lot of which use dto be on MTV back when they actually played music like Van Halen and Deff Lepard,
the music selection is sweet and Howard stern is coming next year.
Radio BAmm is hilarious and so are afew episodes of Tony Hawk. His cronies are funny.

Anyhow I love it.
Great on long rides in teh middle of nowhere CA.

Just get a warranty.
My Sirius Sportster is on its second problem and will have to be replaced once I get back from my honeymoon.

Great reception!!!
The Stock is SIRI, good one man!!!

· Registered
709 Posts
Thanks man! I've been thinking about getting it for a while. I can't stand the radio and I get tired of changing my CD's all the time. I wanted something that we all can listen to on long drives and not lose reception to Latin or Country stations. I'll look into it some more :buttrock:

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I have an xtra CD cassette from my 2003 DII, it doesn't fit in my new truck let me know if anyone still needs it. The first $16.27 takes it....lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.