Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drives like an old man
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This has probably been answered before, but multiple searches didn't turn up anything. When I switch from FM to CD in my '04 Disco, the volume level from the changer is quite a bit lower than the radio. I wondered if there was a level control for the CD output. Anyone know? Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I am not aware of any adjustment on the 6 disc unit.
They are problematic though. I have 2 spares right now for just in case.
I would check the connections/wiring under the seat and ensure everything is clean and tight.
Keep an eye out for a used spare at the local scrap yard for when yours craps out (it likely will��)

·
Drives like an old man
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have only played the one CD in the player, so I dropped in a different one and the problem now appears to lie with the CD, not the player. So, false alarm, I guess.

I will take your advice and grab a spare unit. I'm pretty good at electronics (I manage to eke out a living at it), so if mine poops out, I'm not afraid to rip it open. What the heck; you can't break what's already broken!

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.