Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend has a Disco II and I'm looking to getting him a CD player for his birthday. What CD player will work with the factory (Alpine) head unit with steering wheel mounted controls? And is it easily removable from under the seat so when crossing water does not get damaged?
Thank you.

· Registered
490 Posts
Go to Crutchfield.com You should be able to pick up (maybe an Alpine) CD-Changer which will plug in for around $300 or so dollars. That's kind of pricey but less than the $700-800 you can pay for a factory changer. Or you could try getting a used one off ebay.

· Registered
294 Posts
GET HIM THE LAND ROVER CD CHANGER, ITS A SIX DISC CHANGER THE WIRING HARNESS IS PROBABLY ALREADY UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT, HE SHOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY WITH THAT, PERHAPS I CAN EVEN GET IT FOR YOU FOR A LITTLE LESS, PM ME FOR DETAILS (i might be able to save ya some) OR GET ME AT [email protected] OR CHECK YER LOCAL DEAL FOR PART NUMBER LRN50500 GOOD LUCK! CYA ROUND

ps. hacking into the radio harness can be a disaster!! just ask anyone that works at a LR shop!!!!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Crutchfield or some other source should have no problem providing a harness that will wire in an aftermarket CD player to a factory stereo. There is a company that does nothing but make these harnesses. You can get him an Alpine CD changer and then get the correct harness and it is plug and play.

Serg

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI,This is the response I got from Crutchfield...

We unfortunately do not have a model that will work with the factory equipment. We do have FM modulated changers that can be added on to any system with a radio and they come with a separate wired display and controller.

· Registered
294 Posts
DiscoGirl said:
We unfortunately do not have a model that will work with the factory equipment. We do have FM modulated changers that can be added on to any system with a radio and they come with a separate wired display and controller.
THOSE DONT REALLY SOUND THAT GREAT. :rolleyes:

· Registered
521 Posts
DiscoGirl:
I'm considering putting "land rover deals/where to get them" under my avatar as the official advertiser person :rolleyes: anyways......Go to www.roverconnection.com and look under "swap meet".I have seen lots of used original "alpine" units around.got to be patient, because an african scammer got its way into the classifieds/swapmeet section and is "selling" cel. phones over there, so you got to get a bit of time and browse through the classifieds.If not then try calling www.roversland.com Look for the factory part number LRN50500.Besides that there's e-bay.Hope it helps.
Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.