Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
And I didn't even submit a proposal...
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am in the process of adding CDL to my 2003 Disco 2. I got the necessary parts from Paul Grant, and everything he sent looks clean and in great shape. He sent a combined hi-lo/lock lever assembly from an automatic Disco 1, which looks quite different from the hi-lo lever that was in my Disco 2.

I followed two how-to guides on the internet, and mechanically it all fits perfectly. But the older lever from the Disco 1 doesn't have what seems to be a solenoid that prevents the lever from being moved when some condition hasn't been met. I'm thinking probably the transmission has to be in N for the solenoid to allow movement of the lever, or something like that.

I guess there is a reason why they decided to add that feature and it won't be on my truck anymore. What do you guys think? Is there a special procedure that I will have to know about now or do I just keep doing what I did before? (which is to follow the drawings on the little decal...)

·
Registered
356 Posts
nothing major, just don't lock the diff when you are on pavement
(lots of people remove that solenoid anyways as it has been know for failing and leaving your diff locked)

love the stand you have there!

·
And I didn't even submit a proposal...
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
love the stand you have there!
Thanks! I made it to sit on a motorcycle jack. I attached a plate under the lower cover, just like they show in the rave, and placed the two angle profiles on the jack underneath of it. Then I welded round bars in between the two. All in all it took about one hour to build the stand but it was so worth it, and was invaluable in getting the transfer case out from under the truck safely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.