Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a '03 without the nipple on the T-case. Can I replace mine with any DI/DII T-case that has the nipple? Do I just need to replace the front assembly with the nipple and front output shaft, or the entire T-case?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a '03 without the nipple on the T-case. Can I replace mine with any DI/DII T-case that has the nipple? Do I just need to replace the front assembly with the nipple and front output shaft, or the entire T-case?
Well, I have a 03 also and the DI Tcase didn't work because the front driveshaft bolt pattern did not match the Tcase. I had to get a DII 2000 Tcase, did a complete swap and it went perfect. Got it together with the Ashcroft lever and it is just awesome. Expensive though but works flawlessly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any update?

Harralk what did you decided todo, if anything? I also have an 03 and am planning best course of action to get CDL...

·
Super Moderator
1,989 Posts
Bringing this oldie back to an active topic.
I am in the process of converting my 2000 d2 to a c.d.l. Shifter I have removed From a 1996 d1 that is likely a parts truck.
So I have a complete 2000 d2, a complete trans. And transfer case from a 2001 d2 and a 1996 d1 donor vehicle.
I have removed the shifter from the d1 and un seized it ( was completely seized) I am in the process of test fitting the shifter on the trans. Assembly that I have on the bench. First thing I noticed is the high/ low linkage coming out of the transfer case is different. Also after removing the bolt on shift link to transfer it it too was seized from a lack of use. Easily us seized it and test fitted it on the bench trans. Seems to work well on the bench.
I do have a couple questions regarding the final install on the 2000 d2
1 - I remember reading something about a switch or solenoid problem that can leave you stranded in low range but cannot seem to find the article. What is the recommended modification?
2 - the c.d.l. Indicator is the 2 prong switch on the top of the transfer case on the transmission side? I have not disassembled the 2000 that is the final destination of the c.d.l. Yet, but am wondering if the wiring and indicator light are pre wired on a 2000.
I can take whatever I need from the 1996 but this whole thing doesn't seem as simple as "JUST the shifter"
Will take some pictures for those that are interested

·
Super Moderator
1,989 Posts
Help
In the middle of my conversion using d1 shifter in my 2000 d2 can't seem to get it to shift hi to low.must say I'm getting confused linkage on the trans pulled forward for ole range correct? Any help iOS appreciated
Also,looks like the c.d.l. Shifter boot may not fit, any experiences?...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So can someone confirm if you have a D2 you need to use a transfer case from a D2? I thought the LT230 was pretty much unchanged from D1-D2?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts