Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, I know all things CDL have been beaten to death on this forum, but the search function turned up zilch on this (probably because the mobile version of the search is useless...)

Anyways, I installed a homemade CDL linkage that I found in a box of stuff that came with the Disco when I bought it. Appeared to be one that Disco2Orlando was selling a few years back. It seems to be engaging just fine (slightly less than a 1/4 turn, clicks in and out definitively) Problem is, I don't see the CDL light illuminate on the dash. Is this because there simply isn't an indicator installed on my transfer case?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stuck my arm under there and was pretty sure I felt that sensor there, LB. I then decided to try driving the truck to verify if the CDL was engaged properly (front wheels hopping on tight turns, etc.) and lo and behold, once I moved the truck after engaging the lever, the red light on the left of the dash popped on. Sooo...crisis averted. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,017 Posts
I installed a complete D1 shifter out of a 97 into my 2000 d2 a while back and was quite surprised that the c.d.l. Light worked
I figured that even if it worked physically, it would not be recognized electrically
Glad you figured yours out.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's how it looks. I was considering prowling the Internet for a D1 shifter, as it would have been a much cleaner install, but since I happened to come across this linkage in my parts pile, all this install cost me was $11 for a shift knob (which, I swear, was far and away the least Fast and Furious option that Advance Auto Parts had to offer)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts