Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The CEL came on a few weeks ago and then would go off and come back on again. I ran the diagnostic scanner and it came back with a lean code on the drivers side. I checked for air leaks and the vacuum hose circled in red is the culprit. It made an audible hissing noise and if i press on it I can get it to stop leaking. Does this entire hose need to be replaced or can i just cut off some hose and put the connector back on? I tried pulling on the connector but it was not going to come off easy. I suppose I could run a razor blade down the side and cut off some hose and reconnect it. Any help or tips are appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a purge valve hose. List price on them is 405.00. I was told that plastic weld might be my best chance at getting it sealed up. The leak happens around the collar where the quick connect and hose meet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's leaking right near the connector? I would slice it and reconnect it. Maybe put a hose clamp on there for good measure. If it's still causing problems maybe go for the new part. Pretty expensive for a new hose :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.