Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ran down to Mytle Beach, SC today, I didn't go much faster than 70 and its only like an hour and a half drive. My center console was feeling quite warm, anyone else ever get this when you are on a trip? Do I need to have it checked out?

·
Registered
251 Posts
The air con ducts pass through here to cool or heat the rear passenger feet area. If you place your hand at the rear base of the console and turn up the fan speed you will feel the air coming through. Unless you can smell your electrics that are housed in the console smoldering away, I would say the heat you felt would be something harmless and related to climate control. :beer:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gear boxes can also run quite hot and this after a while will transfer through panels. in my defender in summer on a trip the back of the drivers legs get quite warm and the hand brake metal is close to hot not just warm. I asked around the dealer and mechanics they said that it was quite normal. I would guess that the insulation in the d2 just slows the heat transfer...... But at the moment i am removing my gearbox to have it rebuilt, it's a slow process ( me removing it and getting access to a hoist ) but if i find out that heat was the cause or heat was a symptom of the problem I will post it under the r380 oil question in the general questions that I posted earilier this week.
Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.