Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with their classic's center console staying in place? The whole segment around the shift knob is coming out of place every time I shift. It seems as though when I shift from park into gear the entire shifter moves up, taking the indicator lights and plastic assembly with it. It wasn't so bad at first, but now its starting to look pretty shabby. I'm hoping its not due to something like the transmission being out of place....

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I don't think it's the tranny.
There are some clips and such that you have to make sure are down. Fiddle with it and I'll bet you can get it back and buttoned down.
Don't be intimidated by plastic bits being out of place.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Definately not your tranny moving around, you would have more than trim moving if that were the case. :)

There are pop pin type things that are around tthe edge of the whole black bezel. I think theres like 3 on each side or something. What often happens is the pins break or the holes in the vinyl rip through. I would say take off the shift lever (its easy, pop the top cap off, take off nut, and pull off handle). then take the whole trim/slider assembly out, then put glue around the inside edge where it touches and put it down and be done with it. At least thats what I would do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.