Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you all? I have a 1993 RRC LWB. Here's my issue. I put the key in the driver door and only that door locks and unlocks, I now go on the other side and put the key in the passenger door and all the locks go as they should. What gives?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Most likely the door lock actuator, the solenoid that pulls the lock open and closed.

If you're lucky, you'll be able to adjust its position and that will fix it.

To check, open the door panel and manually move the wire hook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
door locking problem 99 range rover 4.6 HSE

There is only 1 door lock on the vehicle and that is the drivers side. When the key is inserted on the outside to unlock vehicle it is supposed to unlock all doors so that that alarm disarms. Well....when I go to unlock the doors the only door that unlocks is the driver side and the alarm stays armed and when i open the door the alarm goes off for a few minutes. With the alarm not being able to be disarmed I can not start the vehicle.... another little nifty safety feature (blah). This has been a headache and I just want to get it fixed but don't know what it could even be. Can someone help PLEASE!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, this is the wrong forum for this question. You have a P38 rover (1995-2002) and this is the Classic form..

Anyhow, to answer your question, can you use the remote to disarm the car first before unlocking the drivers door with the key? Maybe your remote just needs a new battery. If your remote is completely dead, you need to buy a brand new one and have the dealer program it ($400). The drivers door lock communicates wirelessly with the remote in order to disarm the alarm. Without a working remote, you'll never disarm the alarm.

If your remote is working, then there is a little computer called the "door outstation" inside the drivers door. It communicates with the BECM computer. Except in your case, it's not. The most common problem is that some wiring inside the BECM has come loose and it's no longer providing power to the door outstation (have the window and power mirror stopped working too?). There are instructions online to fix this. most involve a bit of soldering. A less common problem is that some other bit of wiring is disconnected.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.