Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just a quick piece of advice or your recommendations?. I recently bought a 04 Td6 Range Rover with 110 thousand miles on the clock. I am wondering as to whether I should take a preventative measure and change the oil in the transmission??. Thus preventing any future problems with the transmission unit. If so which oil should be used?. The transmission is fine at the moment and Land Rover tell me that there is no need to change the oil as it is a life time seal?. What is your advice?. I have a friend who specializes in transmissions and he advises me to change the oil?. Thanks in advance!:)

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I can tell you have never tried to keep current on your services with other vehicles.
If you plan on having a long trouble free experience with that Rover, you had better start by changing every fluid in the truck, tranny, power steering, brake fluid both diffs and the coolant.
Most of the fluids are Rover specific and you will need to read up on what they take. If you don't do them, no mater what Rover says, you will have some expensive repairs coming up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts