Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. I have a Disco II, 2000. I'm new to this but very mechanically inclined. I just open the hood and popped the cover took a look into the bay to see if I could replace the Head light bulb. From the looks of it, NOT with out taking the entire setup out. WHAT IS the easiest way to do this, Please. Where do I need to remove screws from (location) to get this unit out. Inside or form the outside.

Choke
:dunno:

·
Registered
321 Posts
if you have a disco1, open the hood and look at where the headlight is from the inside. You should see some clip things holding it in. undo the tabs' clips and you should have access to it
take care
sam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sam it's a II. I looked that the manual also. I'll look for the clip(s) but it is very tight with the steel wall right behind there.

My hands are too flippin big to fit in there. Might have to get the wife in there with small hands. Thanks for the reply.

Choke :bgreen:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So, my hands are way wider then yours and I was able to change to light bulbs. You have 3 boltd with plastic twist lock that must be rotated to the unlock position, once done the head light assembly will push out towards the front of the truck, giving you enough room to replace the bulb.
Good luck and remember to not touch the crystal part of the light bulb with you hands.
Mike J.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I had a friend with small hands and I didn't have to move a thing.

:cool: Move the clip and pulled the light. Also replaced the 5W bottom light bulbs with orange bulbs, cool look with the side running lights and Fog lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts