Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone warned me of this earlier and said id be back here asking how to change teh wires. well ive got a set of magnecore's 8.5mm and teh bosch plat-4's waiting to go in. Where do they go behind the valve cover?

Also, is the fuel filter in the tank?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just did the head gaskets on my '99 and had a heck of a time getting to the coils! You shouldn't have to take off you're valve cover, but there is a fixture that holds the wires near the back of the valve cover. The best way to get a good look at the coils is with a flashlight from the top between the upper intake and the firewall.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I replaced mine two weeks ago. There is a diagram in the owner's manual which shows plug/coil positions. I made a chart to follow. I was able to follow each back one at a time to the coil in order to get correct routing. A couple required that I pull coil end to follow the entire path. Just follow the firing order with each plug. I can probably scan out the diagram if you need it... Not too computer literate though !!!

PFZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.