Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've seen posts on how to reset the se3rvice engine light. Any knowledge on how to reset the check engine light and where to find the module?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Izzy
:dunno:

·
Registered
490 Posts
This one can be very simple if you have an OBDII reader. You can pick one up for cheap... maybe a 150-250 for a simple DIY'er. I would not worry about spending all my money on the latest reader with all the definitions (those codes are on the internet). Save your money for the repair.

Have a reader is not a bad idea... you are promised to need it more than once. Beside you can help your neighbor out at times.

·
Registered
321 Posts
is it the check engine or service engine?
if service engine, as texas said, it's odb II reader, but get your codes before you reset it!!!
if it's service engine, remove the panel on the passenger side under the foot well by the door. you' should see a module there. peel back the land rover sticket and with a paper clip push it in the wee hole. or you can just find the hole by trial and error. should be in the middle.
hope this helps
take care
sam

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a CHECK engine light on...had it checked @ the dealership and replaced the o2 sensor that came up on their readout. The problem is that before I fixed it, the check engine light came on again and it will stay on until I either find someone on this board that knows how to turn it off manually, or get a $170 car wash @ the dealer. Does anyone know how to turn it off w/o buying the code reader, or is that my only option? Also, is there any danger in removing the SERVICE engine light red box thing. I couldn't get it to turn off w/ a paper clip so I just unplugged the red box and stuck it in my glove box. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
dont' know about removing the box.. am usually a firm beleiver that's it there for a reason.
as for your check engine light.. take it to an auto zone or something like that and they'll do it for free
take care
sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.