Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light has appeared on my 98 4.6 the engine sounds and runs fine, I suspect it is a failed oxygen sensor will running the vehicle in this condition damage it and how can I identify which sensor is failing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suggest purchasing an OBD II scanner so you can read the code(s). The service light will come on for various reason other than the O2 sensors.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree. Mine came on, then went off, then came back on to stay. I was convinced it was an oxygen sensor too. (Why? I don't know.) I took it into the shop, fearing the worst. Apparently, it was nothing. They reset it, and I was on my way. They said it sometimes comes on for no reason, and sometimes it comes on after a certain number of miles.

-- Scott

·
Registered
79 Posts
Depending on where you live, you can go to somewhere like Autozone and they will pull the code and tell you what it means for free.

-Coach

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sheesh, Diveman, why did you bring this up? Right after I responded to you, my light came back on! You jinxed me! (Or maybe I jinked myself and shouldn't have responded....) :)

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts