·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
622 Posts
keptin said:
sounds good, but I think the vehicle itself has an ugly ass front face that they could have just kept the same as the original D90 :rolleyes:
Now that I looked at it again, it's sort of "Tonka-esque" (is that a word?)

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I say that I ways back.....I don't know if I like it yet......

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not that impressed. It would be cheaper to modify your existing D90 with the same mods. There will be a huge premium for having Landrover do it for you.

As it says in the speal.. every defender is capable of that. Also you wont have to have the bits you dont like if you do it yourself.

I'm sticking to my beast. Over the years it will get better and better. Landrovers are something that can grow with you. no need to buy it all ready made like that. :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
yeah, but also think about the market that they would (or attempt) to capture if they could make a reasonably priced new D90. Right now they cost $33k for a base model, while thats a bit steep to fit in the "Jeep" maket, if they could lower it just a bit, then perhaps they would capture some people that would buy jeeps but have the money and want to own something that is different then what everyone else has.

Since majority of owners dont modify thier rover anyway, it would be kinda neat for LR to offer option like lockers and what not, even better they could make a deal with some of the big companies, like ARB or something so you could get an ARB locker as the locker option. Just like all these companies are saying you get "Brembo" preformance brakes, the aftermarket name actually is important. While I wouldnt want to pay the $$$ to get a rover that was already upgraded, it would be cool to start seeing some stock rovers out on the streets/trails that can compete with the jeep ruby or come close from a simpleton's standpoint.

I personally like the idea; LR has to branch out a new vehicle that follows its heritage, then people could see LR as not just a luxury vehicle for the roads, but sees that LR is serious about making rugged, capable vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.