Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to get more power to my 98 RR HSE. I just saw that you can now chip your rover to add about 30 horses and 30 lbs of torque for about $600. My buddy at my shop told me if I want more power, and don't want to spend too much, the chip is the way to go. I looked it up on the site where he said and it looks good to me. If anyone has done this, or has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks....

Oh, the website is www.roverconnection.com

check out my rover at http://www.picturetrail.com/belyeodezhdy

- Andrew

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Firstly I'd like to say you have a very nice Rangie. :clap:

With regards to the 'Chip' question, by fitting one you will experience a marked improvement in performance, so go ahead and get one.
If you don't already have headers, fitting a set will also be beneficial.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,
Thanks for the comment, do you know where I can get headers? I looked around for a little, but couldn't find headers for the p38. I believe I have the non bosch motor, if that makes a difference...

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
98RRover said:
Hey,
Thanks for the comment, do you know where I can get headers? I looked around for a little, but couldn't find headers for the p38. I believe I have the non bosch motor, if that makes a difference...
pre-99 models have the lucas engine management (anything 99 and on has bosch). Doubt it would change the header design, though it's a good question.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Basically a chip fools your engine management system into giving it more fuel.
The most common way of doing this is by making the engine temperature sensor send a signal saying the engine's cold. More fuel means more air which equals more speed and BHP.
You can do this very cheaply by wiring in a resistor in the engine temperature
line. This would give you the BHP you mentioned.
There has been lots of money made from Chipping, and a lot of claims made.
I know of people who make money doing this simply by carrying out a "Brake Restriction Test" which is BS for taking the slack out the accelerator peddle.
The bottom line is don't go spending to much money on this and know that the only way you go faster is by making a bigger bang at the piston with more fuel. :beer:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
98RRover said:
Hey,
I posted on one of your messages that you can get headers, we sell the Janspeed headers here in the US. We don't have the P38s in stock but we can get them with our next shipment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.