Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find this while searching that is directly related to a range rover sport, so I'm asking a question that may have been answered already, sorry. I have a chirping noise coming from what I believe is the front of the engine during cold start, then it goes away after warming up. Maybe it's a pulley bearing. Any help would be great so that I can try to pin point it. Thanks.

·
Returning Rover
123 Posts
Maybe the waterpump.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The belt begins to 'walk' laterally on the pulleys and will cause this noise. See attached.

There have also been issues with the front crank seal, but that makes more of a 'honk' then a chirp. Take a look at the edges of the main belt, longer one, see if there is any sort of fraying.

I am not able to upload a PDF bigger then 19.5kb, so I can not attach it. The bulletin number is LTB00067 might be able to find it on google. It involves replacing the main FEAD belt and an idler pulley with an updated design.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool, I'll take a closer look at it. Would that go away after warm up, if it's a belt wouldn't it happen all the time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts