Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

99 td5 Auto

I am having all sorts of electrical faults with my car.

The SLS is going up and down all the time. Mostly it lets its self right down to the bump stops when you park it ( but then again sometimes its ok )

When I am reversing and put my breaks on, the ABS always fires off even though I am not locking my wheels.

Yesterday when the ABS fired of every one of my dashboard warning lites came on. It looked like a christmas tree. even my handbrake warning lite was on. the only whay to clear it was to stop start my car.

Has anyone expreienced this problem or know what it may be?

· Registered
8 Posts
Re: Christmas Tree Lights

I have a 2000 Disco 2 and have a similar event from time to time, although not as dramatic as yours. Occaissionally I will have the ABS, HDC, and TC lights go on. The dealer and another member of this forum say it has to do with a fault relating to the ABS sensors. Costs about $550 to fix. It is not causing any real problems and it happens infrequently, so I am not going to do anything at present. I do still have ABS, so I'm going to watch it for now. Your situation seems to be a bit more involved.

Good luck

TCampbell

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
John,
Take your truck to a dealer whith a test book and have them recalibtate your SLS, quite often that is all that is wrong if there is something else going on it will show up at that time.
When was the last time you flush your brake system, I would suggest this before you go spending any big bucks. Also, don't use your e-brake to stop with, you will loose a drive line very easily.
Mike J.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Hey John,
See what happens when you go away for awhile. Yes it has been down for over a month. About the same time DiscoWeb started acting up and it went down also.
Hope you had a good holiday,
Mike J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.