Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bgreen: CHUFFED AS NUTS......

Finally found a Land Rover Defender 110 County and need some advice on sprucing the old boy up (his name is Harry).

At present he is fully carpeted. I would like rubber matting throughout. Have found moulded mats @ £88 (full set), will it be cheaper to get a roll of heavy rubber matting to cut and fit myself, and if so where?

Need a full length galvanised roof rack and ladder, waterproof/dog proof seat covers throughout, chequer plating on bonnet and wings, lockable cubby box, anyone got any up for grabs or where's the cheapest place to buy?

I need to remove the defender 'go faster' stripes in order to apply company logo. How can I go about this without damaging his paintwork?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You can remove the "go faster stripes" by blowing hot air onto it using a hair drier, however, if the stripes has been in place for some time, you will be left with a mark on the paint work due to sun fading.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I spent days picking my strieps off with the help of a hair dryer.. I them all off apart from the doors.. I gave up and painted over them. They look ok.. lol. but only cos its hand painted in Matt Black paint....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Hmmm? I have done it with the hair drier and the strips/decals have come off easily. Was it any easier with the hair drier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts