Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Grille Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

LS swap and don't look back. Plenty out there, cheap enough and adapters to play with drivetrains. I have a truck LS with GM SM465 4spd manual, it has an advanced adapters tail housing to make it a Jeep 6 blot 23 spline, and a DCS jeep trans to LT230 adapter to finish it. Plenty of haters out there, but they are cheap and work everytime you turn the key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you live in a smog state? did you go through smog and how did you get it to pass?
just curious
No I live in Florida. It has a cat and full exhaust. I am running a Fast fuel management system because thats what i was running the original Rover 3.5L on so I left it in and run a MSD controller for the ignition. I dont see why it wouldn't pass smog the gas guage moves way slower than the 3.5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well in california we have to have a referee if we swap an engine. And the smog result is vehicle specific so if they see any alteration when they inspect pre test, then they reject you untill you see the referee. it should be less pollutants as the smog specs are vehicle and year specific. I know and you know it probably would be less emissions, getting the Government to recognize that is a whole different matter. My friend has a jeep that we swapped out the carb for a throttle body injection kit, it was made for Jeeps, to help them pass smog. He still has to jump through hoops with the referee. to get it registered..
That's too bad. It really makes it a nice vehicle with good power and better fuel mileage. I guess if you wanted to try and be sneaky there are some places to get conversion motor mounts to use the Rover mounts and spend a small fortune on the GM fuelie intake for the LS cause it looks pretty similar to the Rover side mount throttle body intake and through some covers over the coils and roll the dice Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts