Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the correct way to clean the outside of the motor?
Winter has come to an end and I have road **** all over the top side under the bonnet. Also I have oil all over the bottom end as well. I tightened up the VC bolts and hoping that was all. Should I use GUNK or other degreaser, leave the truck running while doing it or what? 1 more thing from the pics I have seen the place that I need to put seafoam in for treatment but, there is a 1.5" rubber hose with a screw placed in the end, I'm not sure I understand why. Thanks for any help!!!

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Don't use any degreaser on anything electrical, only on heavy grease areas, then power scrub the engine at your local car wash using only water. D2's can handle all the wqater you want to throw at them, D1's need to have some areas, like the ECU, covered.
As for the induction cleaning, send me your tele number and I'll walk you thru the proper way to do this.

· Registered
1 Posts
What is the correct way to clean the outside of the motor?
I also recently looked for ways to clean the motor that would be safe and effective. It's good that a friend advised me to pay attention to the instructions Car steam cleaning process | What is car steam clean? for steam clean for car . I like working with a steam cleaner because it is very effective, the steam cleans up traces of oil and soot perfectly and almost no chemical additives are needed, which helps to save money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts