Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Range Rover Rookie
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning -- first post, so here we go....

Bought a used 2011 Range Rover with 70K miles -- runs great with great history / records of maintenance. Nothing out of ordinary.

Recently, developed a clicking sound in front of engine near fan - constant speed, regardless of engine RPM. Tends to go away when run for 15 to 20 minutes. Not audible from cabin, but certainly is outside the car.

Any ideas what to look at first? Fan? Water pump? Is there a known issue like this out there on a 2011 series RR Supercharged?

Thanks... in advance.

RRR

·
Range Rover Rookie
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely agree -- but have never run into a scenario like this ... it goes away as you drive a bit, but I "think" I like the fact it rules out mechanical ... any ideas where to go next, other than the LR dealer?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
I completely agree -- but have never run into a scenario like this ... it goes away as you drive a bit, but I "think" I like the fact it rules out mechanical ... any ideas where to go next, other than the LR dealer?
I honestly do not know the layout of you vehicle that well. But I would be looking for electrical items, like relays, or motors. My black cylinder container for the anti-pollution makes a clicking noise from time to time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it is the fan clutch it has went bad in the morning when you start the car it is suppoed to have the fan clutch engaged it will make the engine sound like a plain after a few minutes it will go away what is happening is that the clutch is not engaging in the morning that is why it clicks because it cant engage the clutch and is makeing a cliking noise mine just started doing it a few days ago havent got around to changing the clutch yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.