Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a 97 discovery the other day and am starting to fix her up.

One of the first things I want to do is convert the dash climate controls (manual) to the Discovery II automatic digital climate control. I realize there is more work than just swaping the head unit, there are wire harnesses and sensors needed, but I want to know if anyone else has done this. If so are there any tips or write-ups on it.

On a side note I have a feeling my 97 uses vacuume actuators instead of electric, can anyone verify this before I start ripping out the dash?

Lenny

· Registered
106 Posts
Macgyver said:
Yeah well, if I had a juicy fruit wrapper it would be cake but now I must do it the hard way.

Lenny
that guy fixed everything out of a freakin jucy fruit wrapper and even made a canoe out of a pencil once!

· Registered
135 Posts
Macgyver is busy right now, saving the universe from guaoulds, namely anubis and baal, hobnobbing with the asgar and generally kicking galactic bottom (not sure what I am gibbering about, try watching stargate sg1), I am sure that he has not got time to convert a disco

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Sounds it the Disco's Climate control is about to go up in smoke very soon!

· Registered
490 Posts
Is this even possible? If it is, I bet its a ton of work and money. Like the DII's auto CC do you? Why don't you just save time and money by purchasing one. Of course, the DI is more reliable.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
troverman said:
Is this even possible? If it is, I bet its a ton of work and money. Like the DII's auto CC do you? Why don't you just save time and money by purchasing one. Of course, the DI is more reliable.
The main problem is converting the vacuume actuators to electric actuators. I just purchased a DII head unit on ebay for $30. I also worked at Valeo automotive as a warranty tech which makes hvac units for cars and trucks so I have a lead on electric actuators. As I said the main problem will be the wiring and getting to the actuators behind the dash. All i really need is a lot of free time.

Lenny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.