Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clock has a strange problem. The leading "1" digit that gets used for hours 10, 11 and 12 does not show. So for instance, at 10:13, the clock says " 0:13". I'm guessing there is a connection issue to the display, either a dirty or loose contact, or a cold solder joint. I have the clock out of the dash but I've been unable to get it apart to check it out. I can't seem to release the 4 lugs that hold the white back cover on.

No doubt I'll end up just replacing it, but I'd still like to have a go at fixing it. Has anyone successfully gotten one of these apart without destroying it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've done it, but it took a kitchen knife and a couple bandages and alligator tears. Just keep working it and the whole thing will separate from the face. The lcd glass is separate from the electrics and the two are connected by a contact ribbon-style element. That contact element and it's touch points is the problem.
I was unsuccessful in getting mine to completely come back to life, but was able to get enough back that I could tell time again.
However, in the future, I think my time would have been better spent snatching an analog version from a range rover in the junk yard.
My 2 cents.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got working DII clocks for $20 including shipping if you want to save your time and aggravation for other things that are sure to come up with your Rover.
Gee, Paul, what makes you think I'll have further problems? ;)

I was at a pick and pull today looking for some of the many non functional or just plain missing items on my truck. Like the entire rear window wiper assembly. Anyway, the last thing I pulled was a clock, which tells correct time but did not light up. But my old clock did, so it's given it's bulb up for the cause.

At some point, curiosity will get the best of me and I'll try to fix the old one.

Paul, I couldn't get everything I needed, so I'm making a list and will contact you soon. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You can buy and replace the light for the clock, takes all of 1 or 2 minutes to pull the clock replace the bulb and reinstall it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.