Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '02 DII

just today, I heard a clunking sound when i turn the wheel full right, it made the sound when it went 3/4 full right.

I haven't changed anything since i bought it a month ago, just wandering if I could find out the source and do the job alone would be great rather than call the dealer and have it fixed 2 weeks from now.

Thank you.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
does it sound like a tie rod? Is it only when you turn right?

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really sure if it's from the tie rod, yes so far it only happened whn I turn right. is it possible there's something wrong with the tie rod, because i didn'e even hit anything.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I know they can wear...but I am trying to think what happens when you turn right and not left

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, it's pretty late now and maybe tomorrow morning i'll go for a ride to see of it sounds like a serious one. hardly see if i go to check it out and it's freezing my ass out there. I'll post again with the progress. Thanks a lot man

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, ibjettin thanks for the link. and this maybe the problem and if it is, i don't think im capable enough to do this. by tomorrow i'll just have to figure out to make the sound purposely so I can show the dudes at the stealership.

the other thing is if the dealer consider this as a "worn-out" and it wont be covered in the wrty.i'll be eating dust for a few weeks....

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
It's cold....Has the sheivers...LOL :D

Guess you have a rover that likes warm weather :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.