Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Freelander 1 td4 from 2001 and i have a problem with my clutch pedal and biting point. There seems to be play at the pedal itself and the biting point is low. But if I pump a few times on the pedal, the biting point rises.

Is this a problem with the main clutch cylinder at the pedal? or the slave cylinder? or maybe bad oil circulation?

I am a mechanic myself, but not a car mechanic so i've never seen a complete clutch system. but i would like to fix this problem myself. is this do-able?

Fred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy, I'm new to the Freelander but I've seen this problem on other cars. It's usual air intrusion from the slave cylinder but it can sometimes be the master. Try bleeding the system out (have someone push the clutch pedal down and open the bleed screw on the slave cylinder) and see if it improves. Often shops will change both cylinders as a set which is a good idea but not mandatory, I've had success with changing just the slave cylinder itself.

Hello,
I have a Freelander 1 td4 from 2001 and i have a problem with my clutch pedal and biting point. There seems to be play at the pedal itself and the biting point is low. But if I pump a few times on the pedal, the biting point rises.

Is this a problem with the main clutch cylinder at the pedal? or the slave cylinder? or maybe bad oil circulation?

I am a mechanic myself, but not a car mechanic so i've never seen a complete clutch system. but i would like to fix this problem myself. is this do-able?

Fred.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts