Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LR shop manual (circa 1973) specifies the clutch pedal should be adjusted so its a certain amount from the floor (5 1/2 inches I think) Is that s'pose to be from the bare metal floor or the rubber floor? the book doesn't say - I assume it's from the rubber, yes?....... Next issue; when the tranny is cold it shifts beautifully, but can get a bit crunchy when hot - and the clutch feels like its not disengaging entirely on shifts from neutrl to 1st - I sometimes get creep in 1st with clutch in - I feel like the clutch is adjusted correctly. Any suggestions? thanks to you all, Steve V

·
Registered
361 Posts
You're right, it doesn't specify but seeing as how the floor mats are an option, I'd set it from the bare floor.

The "creep" sounds like it isn't disengaging as you suspect, also causing shift problem I expect. Try bleeding the clutch slave first and make sure the pedal height and free play at the MC are set properly. There are no other adjustments that I can think of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.