Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
quickly blow up tires after lowing psi,or blowing up a flat after fixing, powering air tools, cleaning stuff (air blast off dust and stuff), etc. etc.

Because C02 is stored in liquid form, and expands rapidly once it hits the air, it is much faster then a compressor....its also more reliable and doesnt take batt. or fuel to run.

I personally want a powertank....pricy....but the brand.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Steve you keep added fuel to my fire!!!!!!! STOP!!!! LOL Great stuff :D

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FelixLockhart said:
Ahh, I see. Interesting.
REALLY quick airing up.
Once you use a CO2 tank, you'll want one. You'll never want a compressor again. These things will air up a 33" tire in about 10 seconds. Will also run air tools.

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
How about a regular compressor and airtank?

SCSL said:
REALLY quick airing up.
Once you use a CO2 tank, you'll want one. You'll never want a compressor again. These things will air up a 33" tire in about 10 seconds. Will also run air tools.
I use a conventional airtank in the back and it does beat using the air compressor when you are out in the field. However, I have a question.

Has anyone done a custom 12v compressor and airtank for the back of the Disco? I keep a small tank in the back and sometimes it is a chore to fill it over at the gas station. I just dont like people looking in my business as I am filling a bright red airtank full of compressed air. I am also trying to build it with a high-pressure pop-off when the tank is full.

I just got my hands on a second compressor so that I can top the tank at about 100 psi, away from the nosy folk at the gas station.

That is enough pressure for four 13" or two 15" within 10 minutes.

You be surprised how many times I am at work when some co-worker left their lights on or have a semi-flat in the parking lot. Nothing like using the Hella 500s and getting their car going in 2 minutes flat.

Adam in NYC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.