Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting gas and driving for a few minutes the check engine light came on. I checked the codes and P0170 came up. I cleared it, drove about 35 miles and it came back again with same code. I did not see or feel any power loss or changes in the LR3.
I researched this code and some of the info I got is that its either the Mass Air Flow Censor or that the software needs updating. I checked all the records from the original owner and dealership and I did not see that update had been been done. I called a few shops here in LA and they want to do a induction cleaning. (throttle body & injectors) A good idea, but I want to get to the real cause right away.
I called my Indie Mechanic in NYC, and he said that in his experience it was either the MAF or my LR3 need software updating. They have done several induction cleanings LR3's and RRS in the past and that the code came back days later. The software up grade fixed it. :dunno:

Dave

·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The P0170 code seems to have been resolved. P0137 code came up next day one of my O2 sensors was going bad. Changed it cleared codes, have not seen P0170 back yet.
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts