Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Freelander HSE. I have a Service Engine Soon light on, so when I tried plugging in my code reader it shows that it connects but there is no data being transferred. I have checked the for power at the obd2 port there is B+ at the correct pin, and the 2 black ground wires going into the port do not have excessive resistance there. I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go next.

·
Drives like an old man
446 Posts
I don't know what scanner you're using, so I won't be really helpful. I will say, though, that my scanner requires me to tell it what vehicle it's connecting to each time I use it. Newer vehicles communicate this automatically but 2004 isn't newer. Is there an option to manually connect? That may be your workaround.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Take it to any parts store. They all will pull codes for free. They don't use a full-blown scantool, but their basic unit is far more capable than a $35 code puller. If they can't connect, you're looking at having to find an independent shop that works on the LR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.