Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just done a rebuild of my 2001 Discovery V8 after the bores got glazed and was using oil.

I replaced the coil packs with new ones made by Intermotor which are supposed to be a quality make purchased from a trade supplier. However cylinders 2 8 5 3 are not firing, the spilt oil hasn`t burnt off the manifold at these ports and a neon bulb electricians screwdriver doesnt flash when held close to these leads. These leads are all connected to the same coil pack, since these are new coil packs, is there anything else it could be? No error codes have been recorded.

2nd problem is that the only error codes i am getting are P0135, P0155 and P0150 which are oxygen sensor fault codes. These sensors were fine before i did the rebuild and weren`t disturbed. Could they have gone wrong or is it another fault?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Did you clean the oil from the 02 sensor connections?
As for the misfires, you are the second person this week to have changed coils and come up with that same set of codes. You may want to reinstall one of your old coils in place of the questionable one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice, i ll try an old coil.
I have just checked the connectors, the wires are slightly oily on the outside but the insides look clean, though i suppose it could have run in the back of the connector, so i will wash then out with electrical contact cleaner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts