Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
very disco
1,762 Posts
That’s... unbelievable. It looks awesome.
I can’t understand how that fit after looking at the first pic...

but who cares I guess!

Reactions: Sasquatchface

·
very disco
1,762 Posts
yeah. I'm strongly considering regearing my D2 also... it's a big of a slug, and struggles to find the right gear while freeway cruising.

@Sasquatchface what is your clearance here:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I honestly have been babying it since the tires. I am trimming what I need to today and hitting the trails this weekend.

·
very disco
1,762 Posts
Must upload pics

·
very disco
1,762 Posts
Who needs a RTT when you can sleep underneath it

Reactions: Troyan2019

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 HD w/ 2.5” rod lift
13 Posts
What a fantastic photo. The barn, the tires. The dirt. The in-the-moment open boot. Fall leaves as a perfect stage to show off this beast.

Now for tech info:
1. Please post detail shots of what you trimmed.
2. Did you just trim plastic or some body metal on the forward corner of rear wheel well too?
3. What’s your center of wheel hub to outside bottom of wheel arch/flare?
4. Any photos of the spacers and did you have to modify the strut mount or bolts? Any concern as to the strength Of overall figment with spacers?
5. Any issue with up-wheel travel rubbing the wheel well liner while off road?

I’m calculating the height difference in your coil over 2” plus the 2.5” spacer compared to my proud rhino 2.5” lift Using air struts on my 08 and my sagging coil conversion on my 05.

I’d sure love to have air struts and spacers and get the same clearance to run 35’s on the 08.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'll go take some pictures. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did unless anyone is willing to fix things constantly. So far so good but under hard acceleration, the front cv joints are laboring. Me and the guys at the shop said it will just wear in. So I'm hoping that's the case......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
1.25 wheel spacers with 18" Camaro wheels. I had to drive the studs out of the strut and put longer bolts in. I was going to weld them but the tension on the heads held them in place. I drilled the front spacers and you can see the rear had a wider spread so those just encapsulated the spacer. I'm happy so far and have been daily driving it.

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 HD w/ 2.5” rod lift
13 Posts
Well just know that we really appreciate you sharing your experience and your project. Between all of us we will surely figure out how to do this as a lasting option with, I hope, as little trial and error as possible. 😉

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
However note, I did use a porta power to force the lower a arm down to get the front struts in. Not my proudest moment.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts