Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Just watched the videos. You definitely tested the truck. Was surprised your tires didn't look more deflated. For stuff like that you could probably have dropped down as low as 10-15 psi.

Bummer about the CV joint but also not surprised.

Your marshalling committee needs work though. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I knew it was going home on a trailer, I would have aired down. Lol. And yes, my friends are dicks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I knew it was going home on a trailer, I would have aired down. Lol. And yes, my friends are dicks.
Airing down probably would have made the climb easier but I think it was likely that the tire size / suspension lift was the cause of the CV failure anyway.

As for the dicks, sometimes those are the best friends to have. More "adventure" that way. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow....."take the tampon out" and "put the hammer down" are always clutch pieces of advice in spotting! Hahahaha....

·
very disco
1,852 Posts
Definitely need to correct that bounce, I don’t think you’re getting any shock absorption... looks like pure springs

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wonder if those massive tires are affecting your crawl ratio by reducing torque at the point of contact....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I wonder if those massive tires are affecting your crawl ratio by reducing torque at the point of contact....
Yeah, I'm still experimenting with modes but I'm afraid it heats the transmission up faster with this gear ratio. But overall it's not bad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
After taken the lift out I was able to have a successful day on the trails. However, this happened. Nothing that a high lift jack, trailer receiver hitch and compressor couldn't fix.

·
very disco
1,852 Posts
BAM lol. you're beating the S out of that thing... I love it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Made it through a good session without breaking anything. Well I bent a wheel and had to fix it with a high lift jack and a 3 way trailer hitch adapter.
Taking that 1.25" of spacer out of the front made all the difference. No more wheel hop and no broken axles. She just climbed up everything. Mind you, the rear locker helped a lot and I did air down to 19psi.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts