Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back to Maine yesterday after being away for a couple weeks, and I am always amazed that the Rover starts on the first try. When I picked her up last night it was 18º F, she had been sitting for 2 weeks, and she had her summer oil (20/50) still in. She turned a little slow but fired right up! :buttrock:

She will get an oil change (Mobil 1 was on sale :) ) plus diffs, transfer box, and swivels in the next day or two. And a lube.

Just wanted to share my happiness of the Rover.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I run 20w50 year round. We got down to 20(F) last night. I only worry about 20w50 when we get down to single digits which is only usually one week a year and only for a few days.
I know you guys get even colder for longer up there.

·
3,205 Posts
Due to a current shortage of garage space...I have half a garage of tools for the Rover and the wife's Taurus occupies the other half...I park outside.
I have a small ceramic heater I got cheap at Target that I leave running inside the truck at night. It keeps the ice off and keeps the inside nice and warm on those bitter cold winter days.

I just set it facing forward on the center console. I have a plan to wire 110 AC in the truck to allow for camping and such. This would also tidy up the extention cord business with the heater.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changed oil on Friday to Mobil 1 0/40 syn, and she's been starting better than ever (after I figured out my no start problem). And today it was in the teens again.

Heater sounds nice, but the neighbors might trip over the cord if I run across the sidewalk and into the Rover on the street. Some day I'll have a garage, and have a nice warm place to work on and keep the Rover.

·
3,205 Posts
Yes I will hopefully soon have a garage also.

Neighbors? :eek:
You don't let your neighbors tell you what you can and can't do, do ya?????
:lol:

Being a good neighbor is a nice thing, I'm just kidding.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OkieRover said:
Neighbors? :eek:
You don't let your neighbors tell you what you can and can't do, do ya?????
:lol:
I think my neighbors invented the toothbrush.... 'cause anyone else would have called it the "teethbrush"!!! :D

Just kidding. Some are a little scarey, but they are all nice people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts