Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pic....I love Colorado, here even the new rigs hit the trails...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Jealous

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ................anyone else getting sick of all these pics of great rovers on beautiful trails through the woods and mountains? :bawling:

Just kidding, keep them coming. :drink1:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta love when you see new rovers wheeling...

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
llesra said:
hooray for colorado! :clap:
Red Cone! :eek:
Hey Aaron & Arsell---I'm chopping the top. Got it all planned out last night. Putting in a cage & a soft top. Stripping the interior. The works. I'll start another thread later & keep you posted. And just in time for winter too,,, :D

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SCSL said:
Hey Aaron & Arsell---I'm chopping the top. Got it all planned out last night. Putting in a cage & a soft top. Stripping the interior. The works. I'll start another thread later & keep you posted. And just in time for winter too,,, :D

Very Nice...... Let me know if you want help...sounds like you have it all figured out though....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dammit, I'm getting envious of all those great off-roading tracks in the US!

Truely stunning scenery which seems to have a bit of anything without any civilisation nearby- the best place to take a Landy in my opinion. :), and the complete opposite of what its like to go off-roading around here.

Great to see new Land Rovers being used for the purpose they were built for, especially that L322 RR.

Jack

·
Registered
734 Posts
Funrover said:
...sounds like you have it all figured out though....

1 Saturday
+ 1 Saws All
+ 12 Pack

Post lots of pics........sounds like a cool project, are you doing this to your Disco? Kind of a Disco/Series love child......... :dunno:

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
DallasRover said:
1 Saturday
+ 1 Saws All
+ 12 Pack

Post lots of pics........sounds like a cool project, are you doing this to your Disco? Kind of a Disco/Series love child......... :dunno:
I like your formula! I would say a Disco/Defender love child,,,a Discofender. I've been wanting to do this for some time now & I recently saw a picture of a converted DI that threw me over the edge & into the actual planning stages. As work gets underway, I'll start a thread & post plenty of pics. I'll also be selling a bunch of interior pieces, glass, etc

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
SCSL said:
thats not red cone. thats somewhere on the continental divide.

good luck with the cage and top. you can never go back if you start!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pic you saw... was it green with a beige interior? If so that was my buddy

·
Registered
908 Posts
yeah I get to see those new rovers hitting the trail 2 weeks ago. all of the Supercharged Sport, LR3, and New Rangies can handle the mild trail. but I don't know if they can handle harder terrain.

the supercharged normal height is dangerous for offroading. a friend of mine kinda scraped his diff. because he forgot to raise up the suspensions.

that's what you get when u're playing with 75k toy.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
SCSL said:
I like your formula! I would say a Disco/Defender love child,,,a Discofender. I've been wanting to do this for some time now & I recently saw a picture of a converted DI that threw me over the edge & into the actual planning stages. As work gets underway, I'll start a thread & post plenty of pics. I'll also be selling a bunch of interior pieces, glass, etc

Wait a second...where did you find the roll cage??? I remember you looking for one a few months back. Or are you going to make your own? If so, send me a copy of the plans. I want to add a roll cage to my D1 but I'm gonna keep the top on for now....For now :D

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Previously, I was looking for an internal cage.
Given the chop, I'm going to have one made locally (plenty of shops in CO :D ). However, it won't fit inside 'roofed' Disco.

·
Registered
707 Posts
OO chop top disco sounds BADASS!!!! tons of pics full write up maybe a link to the pic that sent you over the edge... oh and have anyone considered an exocage? any pics out there on disco's?

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
SCSL said:
SCSL YOU HAVE MASSIVE BALLS!!! That sounds like a massive job!! You will end up in a Land rover mag for sure!! I have never seen one before I cant wait to see yours. Good luck mate!!! :clap:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Man that white Disco II still has the used car "year" yellow sticker on the windshield! gotta love it!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.