Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Whats size wheels and tyres are compatable with my series Landy.

Can I bolt defender wheels straight on to my series hubs

or disco wheels?

What about wheels from a sankey trailer?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't think the defender wheels will fit (different offset??) but the disco steel wheels will fit but the alloys won't.

Go to one of those aftermarket tyre/wheel places over there and see what you can get.

I have a set of aftermarket steel rims with 31x10.5x15 muddies for when I get serious about offroading but tend to stick to the good old gripper tyres on the standard rims there great

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

I have Defender wheels and 7.50-16 tyres on my SIIA.
The disco I steel wheels can also be fitted in a Series. I've had a set mounted in my 88.
I believe that almost every steel wheels can be fitted to the series except the Range Rovers after 94, Disco II and Freelander.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Std SWB rims are 15", tyres are 6.00 x-plies. You can replace them with std LWB 16" rims with 7.50 tyres, or after-market steel wheels as advertised in the magazines (15 0r 16" rims with 6-7" widths) on 205/75R15 ar 6.00s, or 235/85R16 or 7.50s as appropriate. The larger radius tyres will affect your gearing and speedo accuracy (under-reading).

·
Registered
146 Posts
How much would the speedo under read with 235/85 16inch tyres on and also what about 31x10.5x15 ( i have a set of these at home )

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fitting 7.50s or 235/85s on a SWB set up for 6.00s would overead by about 10% as an estimate, but if you measure the circumference of the larger tyre, and subtract the 6.00's circumference, then divide the difference by the 6.00's circumference and multiply by 100, that will give you the percentage of indication error for any tyre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts