Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do a compression check on my 2003 disco. I have codes P0300, P0301 & P0306. Changed plugs, & O2 sensors. Checked for & have spark with an inline checker. My question is how to hook up a remote starter to do the comp chk. ie: Do the plugs need to be grounded? Do I just need to pull the fuel pump relay or relays/fuses that are "fuel related" is there anything else that needs to disconnected or that I need to be concerned? I've never done this before.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Pull all the plugs and prop the throttle open at least 1/4. Use the ignition key. You don't need to do anything else.

How old are the plugs and wires? A compression test is always a good thing to do to give you a baseline on engine condition, but if you're having misfires, you have a better chance of it being a bad plug or wire- or maybe a coil, than a low cylinder.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Why do you think a compression test is indicated by the P0301 and P0306 codes? Cylinders 1 and 6 are paired in the DII wasted spark system. The problem is much more likely due to bad plug wires than anything else. How old are the plug wires and what brand are they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.