Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys... I have a '93 range rover classic and I want to do an overhaul on my Braking system....I want to know the components of the system. I know the obvious ( pads, rotors, master cylinder, and ABS pump), is there any other component that needs to repaired or replaced? The rover basically sat for three years and I'm not taking any chances. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1981 Range Rover
36 Posts
Replace the flex hoses! I've seen them so rusted on the inside that they left the brakes applied: high press fluid pressed past rust spot with brakes applied but wouldn't release back because of blockage. Also make sure you put penetrating oil on all those bleed ports, multiple times, a couple days before you attempt loosing them.

good luck, i hate the brake system on those

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colin, if I have an ABS system will also have a flex hose.. The reason why I ask is that I just checked eBay for the range rover classic flex hose and it gave me three choices: 1. Flex brake hose for non abs system 2. Flex clutch cable for older classics that have a tdi engine only and 3. Flex clutch cable for defenders......when you say flex cables do you mean the braided brake lines or am I wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1981 Range Rover
36 Posts
the brake lines that connect the hard lines from the body to the hard lines on the axle. you could take a look at the lines first to see their condition, but assuming they are original they probably are cracking and due a change if your already going all out on the rest of the system. also if your truck is lifted or you are planing a lift you might want longer hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.