Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on installing a compressor and a tank. My 03 Discovery has a lift, and no longer has air in the rear. The prior owner pulled the fuse in the fuse block to kill the piwer to the air unit and looks like he unplugged the connectors at the small compressor at the frame mount.
My want is to mount a compressor and a tank in that space.
There are still a lot of hoses connected to the stock unit that run all over the rear of the vehicle.
My thought is, since the unit is no longer powered, it's not having any affect on what's still connected to it. Is this correct?
Here some pic's of the compressor and tank. The frame mount location. And a rear suspension shot.
Thx for any help
Tony

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Seems likely reasonable assumption that if it is all disconnected the remaining stuff is just along for the ride.
You should be able to remove the original pump and lines fairly easily, mount/ install your new setup as you choose ( either on the frame rail or elsewhere) and wire it up. Original wiring will not be any use to you I would think.
Where are you planning on putting the tank? Looks small if you are planning on airing tires?

Oh ya ... Nice looking truck . How much lift and what size tire ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3" and 33's. The tank was a freebie. The compressor is supposed to be capable of easily airing a 33. Thought the tank might help with that. May have to re think that. May just go with a portable Viair unit and keep it in the rear storage until needed. All depends on time. Driving down the Baja to Cabo in a couple of weeks. Still need to install the rock rails and wire the new LED light bar and spots.
And do the inline thermostat state mod...
I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I thought about using a portable compressor. It really wouldn't be in the way with the rear storage compartments. Btw, Great looking Disco. I have a 3" lift waiting to be installed on my '03.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.