Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I want to know what years are parts compatible with.

straight to the point. I found a 1995 disco with a brush guard/winch compatible bumper .

seeing's how the whole bumper is coming off and being replaced will this years aftermarket parts fit on my 2003 disco2 . will the rock sliders from 1995 also fit on the 2003 as well.

I am a very good mechanic in my own right don't have any problems working on cars. love them my whole life. I recently traded my 1965 barracuda for this very well clean and maintained 2003 disco2. and am doing all the maintenance necessary to make sure I can drive across the USA in her.

I am also finding mods I can bolt onto her to make her look and be an expedition styled car as well. here is a link to the craigslist ad, I might just buy the whole rig if I can transfer the off road parts on this one to my 2003.

land rover discovery

thanks for your wisdom on this venture.

Roger in Manteca ca.
2003 Discovery 2
1945 kit teardrop trailer for road trip
1965 ford falcon futura

· Registered
188 Posts
I just recently traded off my 1965 barracuda, for a 2003 discovery with impeccable records , low miles ans great car fax report.
Read your other thread prior to this one and can't answer you compatible year questions, having been around similar blocks in the past......you might be able to make some parts fit at least sort of, but is that what you really want.

I'd recommend taking the time to wait for a similarly outfitted D2 with issues to become available which should also have more compatible OEM parts that may be helpful down the road.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
I run a stock / slightly modified d1 bumper on my 2002 and had it on my 2000 previously. 2003 of course is different again but will fit with some minor modifications.
Looks like a $500 truck to me not $2300
Not sure on the sliders but pretty sure not compatible.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
99 to 2002 use a flat contoured glass headlamp with separate turn / marker lamps. Same headlight as a discovery 1.
2003 , 2004 use a euro style one piece plastic lense lamp .
Bumper changed for 2003 , 2004 as well but the bumper will still fit / line up to the frame horns.
Google / search some pictures??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.