Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just bought a 1996 Discovery and have noticed condensation when going uphill. I also noticed a decrease in power when this happens. It happens either with the ac on or off, but comes from the vents in the middle. It appears to be from ac or radiator (?).

Thanks to any help or suggestions.
new owner

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Does it smell sweet, if so it is the heater core leaking coolant. If there is no sweet smell your A/C vent tubes are plugged up which is an easy fix. Either way this should not effect the power of your truck.
Mike J.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heater core leaking coolant?

Thanks Disco Mike,

If it's the heater core leaking coolant, would it eventually get worse if not fixed?

new owner

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I have the same problem with my 99 RR. I smell what I believe to be antifreeze coming through the vents. I just bought the car!!! I see the part alone is almost $400.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You don't want to let a heater core leak too long, it will ruin your carpet.
Mike J.

·
Registered
454 Posts
:complain: And it can worsen very quickly, usually when you don't need it to. I had one blow out onto my feet, Pleasant!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 93 Disco heater core went and its no small job it took the landrover mech 7 hours to do as the core is bolted to dash and the dash is one unit

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My carpets are not damp or wet nor do they smell. I am hopefull could it be something else? Just bought the damn truck and don't want to spend $1000 right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts