Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two electric fans behind my grill do not work.
I checked each by connecting them directly to the battery and they both work fine.
I also jumped the two leads going to the sensor on the thermostat housing and they still failed to switch on.
I'm at a loss as to which relays are the ones connected to these fans and where they might be located. If and when I find them I'd like to check them and replace them if neccesary.
Can anyone tel me where theyt might be found and how to do this?

Also if anyone has an idea as to why the fans migh not be working please let me know.

Is there a secret fuse somewhere????

Thanks

Eric
95 Disco 173K miles

·
Banned
73 Posts
The AC has to be turned on, the ignition turned on, and the interior fan switch on "1" or above for them to operate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slider switch for my AC is faulty and needs to be replaced that may be why the one fan does not come on for the AC but the other one should come on when the engine gets hot but it doesn't at all.

Would the relays for these fans be on the driver's side or the passenger side (USA)?

Thanks

Eric

95 Disco 173K miles

·
Banned
73 Posts
Hmm - OK - I think I need to look at mine then - I thought both ran with the AC only, but I did not look that hard ;)

·
Banned
73 Posts
Checked it out tonight and both fans run when temp is low, AC is on, and fan is 1 or above - looks like the air circ fan switch might be your culprit :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
My fans aren't working either. Can someone tell me where the relay and/ or switches are so I can start to trace the problem?
I have a 97 Disco [USA].
Oh, and this looks like a great forum. I can't believe I didn't find it sooner...could have saved me a lot of money.

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
brookester said:
My fans aren't working either. Can someone tell me where the relay and/ or switches are so I can start to trace the problem?
I have a 97 Disco [USA].
Oh, and this looks like a great forum. I can't believe I didn't find it sooner...could have saved me a lot of money.
the relay is in the kick panel front passenger.. which one out of the cluster.. that's a good question..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.