Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned an 04. Sold it because I needed a pickup for a working on our house.

I'm considering another one for sale locally - the oil pressure light comes on intermittently at idle.

It looks like this symptom is not uncommon across DII's, but I'm wondering if the root cause is typically different when comparing 2004 to 2003, or 2004 to 2002.

Assuming the PSI at warm idle is in the 5 to 7 range, does that narrow the issue down at all?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would agree with the prior posters. In addition, you are close, well closer than I am, to a lot of states where you could get a rust free vehicle. If I could I would find one in Buckingham Blue as well. Sharp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
recently bought 04 Disco II

drove it for a few weeks and found that the heat wasn't working properly...Had the oil changed, along with power flush of the system, heat works but only hot intermittently, and only while driving, idle it blows only cold air. went back to where had it flushed because I am losing antifreeze now and only drove a little over 3 miles... they refilled it and flushed it again, told me to drive it today without allowing it to overheat because they cannot find any leak and bring it back tomorrow.. WTH... are these vehicles fix or repair constantly? Did I purchase a problem???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Losing antifreeze but no leak? Wouldn't you think hg could be an issue? I had that issue with my Nissan I had. Luckily I only drove it from work and not too much longer after.

If the po maintained the car you may not have as many issues if not it's hell on your pocket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2004 Landrover Discovery II SE7

Nope it isn't the Heatercore, that was my first thought so I ordered one and have it on hand, JIC.. I think maybe the water pump is going on it.. Seems to be losing antifreeze from the overflow once it starts to get hotter than the halfway mark.. like it isn't circulating properly.. Any suggestions? Also, about how much and how long for this type of repair?

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Hotter than the halfway mark?? would boil the coolant out for sure and really doesn't mean that's the problem or indicator as much as a symptom. The cap will cause this very easily as the cap gasket has to unseal before it dumps to overflow

Honestly it could be a hundred things from what you describe. You could try listing every single thing you have changed then try to go from there. Best thing I ever did was change every coolant part instead of chasing it every week. Soon as you do one something else pops up. Its age. Everything associated with coolant has dry rotted or fixing to...

Also are you the original poster on this thread. I thought you were until I scrolled all the way up and saw different names. This seems like a huge thread hijack. You won't be well served trying to get help like this. The title of this thread says...Considering Another Land Rover. Start your own thread instead of stealing someone else's and you might get more help.

If you are the original poster...did you ever figure out the extremely low oil pressure? If that is you yeah you bought a serious problem rover.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
drove it for a few weeks and found that the heat wasn't working properly...Had the oil changed, along with power flush of the system, heat works but only hot intermittently, and only while driving, idle it blows only cold air. went back to where had it flushed because I am losing antifreeze now and only drove a little over 3 miles... they refilled it and flushed it again, told me to drive it today without allowing it to overheat because they cannot find any leak and bring it back tomorrow.. WTH... are these vehicles fix or repair constantly? Did I purchase a problem???
Hijacked a thread on your first post. Learn forum etiquette and start your own thread as already suggested. Let the OP get his problem solved without you muddying the water.

Colin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hotter than the halfway mark?? would boil the coolant out for sure and really doesn't mean that's the problem or indicator as much as a symptom. The cap will cause this very easily as the cap gasket has to unseal before it dumps to overflow

Honestly it could be a hundred things from what you describe. You could try listing every single thing you have changed then try to go from there. Best thing I ever did was change every coolant part instead of chasing it every week. Soon as you do one something else pops up. Its age. Everything associated with coolant has dry rotted or fixing to...

Also are you the original poster on this thread. I thought you were until I scrolled all the way up and saw different names. This seems like a huge thread hijack. You won't be well served trying to get help like this. The title of this thread says...Considering Another Land Rover. Start your own thread instead of stealing someone else's and you might get more help.

If you are the original poster...did you ever figure out the extremely low oil pressure? If that is you yeah you bought a serious problem rover.
I am so sorry, I have started my own thread, Thanks I did not mean to hijack anybody!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.