Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the Discovery (`04) for the first time in the dark and noticed the ventilation controls such as the main power, fan and air flow position buttons are not lit. Same goes for the clock, not lit at night. Everything else on the console lights up. Is there a row of bulbs burned out or that area simply not illuminate? Thanks.

· Registered
109 Posts
I know you can replace the light in the clock which most of them are burned out by now but the ventilation/AC only illuminates when turned on idk if the buttons on it illuminate but the window where the temperatures show but again only when on

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· '03 Disco SE
573 Posts
The buttons should remain illuminated regardless of if the system is on or off - it is only the display itself that lights up when you switch the HVAC on.

Look here:

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f40/odometer-climate-control-bulbs-55385/

For sale here:

Bulb Kit Climate Control Head (BKCCH Same Fit As Part # ) - Land Rover kits from Atlantic British

Fortunately, the bulbs are a standard size and can be had much cheaper at your local auto parts store. I don't know the specific model of the bulb since I had a ton of spares from previous projects, but just take all the bulbs with you and ask the guy at the counter to help.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys and nice info on the bulb kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.